Need a filter plate to work with TIG?
Welding Filter Plate for TIG Welding
Welders who use helmets with removable lenses have an advantage over those with electronic lenses: we can adjust the color and filter type of our lenses easily and cheaply. Our new Welding Filter Plate for TIG Welding is a huge advantage for welders who use TIG in addition to other forms of welding.Our TIG filter plate can be inserted right behind your normal welding lens, though it’s important to note here that the filter plate MUST be used in combination with your regular green welding lens. Your green lens blocks ultraviolet (UV) and infrared (IR) light but does not prevent sodium flare, which is a harsh, bright orange light produced by the weld. Our TIG filter plates block this orange sodium flare, increasing your visual acuity and enhancing your vision during your weld. This means better welds and more comfortable working conditions for your eyes.Our welding filter plate for TIG welding come in blue and magenta and is perfect for increasing your visual acuity during TIG welding:
- Our Super Blue drop in welding lens is a perfect and affordable solution to blocking the bright orange light that comes from sodium flare during TIG welding.
- The Super Blue drop in welding lens for TIG welding adds only about 1/2 shade to your normal welding lenses.
- The Super Blue lens is polycarbonate and therefore can be destroyed by spatter. Always insert it behind your welding lens, so the glass welding lens is facing the working area.
- Our Super Magenta drop in welding lenses are the best for increasing visual acuity and enhancing your work during welding. This lens blocks sodium flare while enhancing the spectrum of light coming through to your eyes, giving you the BEST vision imaginable during your work.
- Great vision from the Super Magenta lens means the best craftsmanship you are capable of, and all of our welders who tested this lens said they noticed a significant increase in the quality of their work.
- The Super Magenta drop in lens adds about 1/2 shade to your normal welding lenses.
- Always use the Super Magenta lens behind your welding lens so the cheaper welding lens is the one facing the work and getting spattered. This will extend the life of your magenta lens indefinitely.
- Don’t store either the Super Blue or Super Magenta lenses in a tool box. Always store separately, in a protective sleeve or case.
- NEVER use either the Super Blue or Super Magenta lens by itself! Always use in combination with the green IR welding lens that is appropriate for the work you’re doing.
- Using a welding filter plate for TIG welding will absolutely improve the quality of your work, the comfort of your eyes, and your confidence behind the torch.
If you want something that’ll bring your work to the next level, a filter lens is it.If you have any questions about welding lenses, what’s right for you, or what you should be using for your torch, please don’t hesitate to ask below or give us a call. We’d love to hear from you. Also, if you get your hands on one of our welding filter plates, let us know how you like it in the comments below!Get the word out. Our filter lenses are the new edge that will bring your work to the next level and allow you to create better-looking, stronger welds with less clean-up work required after. Thanks for reading, and, as always, stay safe!