Laser safety goggles are an essential part of laser safety equipment.
Wearing Laser Goggles in Surgery
Wearing laser goggles in surgery is important for a variety of reasons. During surgery, the doctor needs to wear laser goggles to protect her/his eyes from harmful scattered, reflected, or direct laser radiation from the laser itself. Laser glasses also serve as splash protection and keep your eyes safe during operation. The patient needs to have his/her eyes protected during the surgery as well, either via blockouts or with a pair of laser safety glasses. Any other personnel in the room should also be wearing laser safety glasses so that their eyes are also protected.Here’s why you need to wear laser goggles in surgery:
- Laser goggles will protect your eyes from potentially blinding or permanently injurious laser exposure.
- Laser goggles should be worn by all personnel in the room, as well as the patient (unless the patient is wearing blockouts, which are better if she/he is unconscious).
- Laser safety glasses should be designated as required attire for anyone entering the room, and the room should have warning signs notifying those who may enter that a laser hazard exists.
- If you’re working with a laser and don’t wear laser safety glasses, one mistake could result in permanent eye injury or blindness.
- Laser goggles are a necessary part of the safe operation of a laser.
If you’re working with lasers, don’t risk the loss of your eyesight! Wear laser safety goggles whenever a laser hazard is present.If you have any questions about laser safety glasses, which ones are right for you, or why you need them, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below or give us a call. We’d love to hear from you. Thanks for reading, and stay safe!